Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Till death us do part

When I uttered those words in 1948, they didn't get another thought, it was so far in the distant future and I probably had other things on my mind. After 53 years, those words came home to roost. My soul mate passed away, severing me from the happiest years of my life. Many people said the pain and grief would ease with time, for me, after five years it is still there and always will be.
Life has to go on, so what do I do now? I decided to put those 53 happy years down on paper, I had made my mind up way back in 1963 that I would write about our lives together. I was re-living those years all over again, making new friends along the way. After a few lessons with a newly aquired P C, Bob came to my aid showing me some of the things that I didn't understand. You should read his book if you like walking, 100 walks in Suffolk, compiled by Robert H Stoner.
Robert and Serena helped me with my not so good grammer. Trevor put the icing on the cake when he thought that my story was worth publishing. Finding a publisher was, I thought going to be the biggest hurdle. It turned out to be the easiest and now we are good friends.
So that was how my book, (the first ?) "Cats and Chrysanthemums" was born, available to order at all good book shops, ISBN 1 898 030 85 5
It has given me a great deal of satisfaction, but the pain and grief remain.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

George

An excellent start, and a moving article. May this be the first of many.

10:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all very fascinating

judith

7:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home